Wednesday, November 25, 2015

First snow, first descent



Sunday morning and the first snow! Well, a bit of white here and there. But a time to open the season in my local hill in Grani!

The rest of the hill was maybe more dirt and mud than snow. But my skis were sliding well.

I also happened to have a memory card failure on my GoPro, so the video is short. Not all of the material I had could be rescued.






Photos and videos (c) 2015 by Janne Arkko and Jari Arkko. This blog is also available at the TGR site, and at Relaa (in Finnish).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jari,

    Nice to see that you got first snow. I follow your crazy/funny/mandatory blog from Fribourg in Switzerland where first tracks opened yesterday. 30-40 cm fresh snow at 1400m altitude.. :)
    Greetings to Grani and Finland!
    Thibaut

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear from you Thibaut! Snow at 1400m sounds very good! I was during the weekend in Chamonix, and while they had a dusting at that level, the main snow cover was higher.

    ReplyDelete